Santa made a house call again this year. The kids have gotten savvier, this year they had gift requests. Claire felt very strongly that Santa would get her the dessert maker in the Target ad, even if her parents felt it a poor choice.
Claire and I saw a dress rehearsal of the Nutcracker at the Overture Center. The rehearsal was the perfect setting for Claire to see the show. She loved hearing the director's loud comments to the dancers "SMILE, you are having FUN", and it made the atmosphere much more casual and totally fine for a 5 year old to constantly ask questions. Claire was inspired to preform her own dance in the lobby.
Claire and Anna were part of our church's pageant. Anna was a sheep (her ears fell in the toilet and she made sure everyone knew). Claire was a cowgirl (all of the traditional ho-downing had her turning pale and green by the end). But, they did have fun and we have some very cute pictures!
Yazawa and Meyer cousins celebrating. How cute are all these girls???
Extended Hunt family celebration. Check it out, now that there are littlier babies Claire and Anna are shoved to the 2nd row! I did not notice this until now...changes will be made next year!

We continued celebrating in Door County, breaking in Peg and Jim's new house. I think they had been in the house for 7 days when we barged in. They were more moved in at 7 days than we are at 6 years. Look, Peg even located measuring spoons!
Some photos from Christmas morning at our place.
Santa came through on the dessert maker..."see Mommy!" For the record, Santa, it doesn't seem to work very well.
Grandma Cathy having a sweet moment with the girls. Grandpa Shimbo...asleep...well, it is his busy time of the year. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine's Day, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
1 comment:
Precious memories captured! I especially liked the church pageant ones. Every Christmas I can close my eyes and immediately am back in the 1950's in the pageant of our little church in Chilton My heart is joyful for your girls because I know they are growing up in love and faith, and will be contributing adults someday, long, long, long, long, loooooooooooooon time from now!
Hugs across the miles,
Auntie Mary Lou
Post a Comment