Anna is a week away from turning 3. I attempted to sit down with the birthday girl for an interview, like I did with Claire when she hit the big "3". Anna is not much for sitting...so our interview was fast and involved a lot of climbing.
Anna's Favorites
Color: Purple and Pink
Number: 3
Toy: All of it.
Place to Go: To Millers (the little grocery store in town). Green (key lime pie) yogurt I really like. I like the doughnuts (the doughnuts there are awesome, I agree).
Sport: Swimming
City: Wisconsin (I told her Wisconsin is our state) I like it. I like our state. (I told her Verona is our city). Verona I really like.
Sister: Claire
Food: Crackers! These kinds of crackers (shows a Wheat Thin).
Game: Break the Ice (the box says the game is called "Don't Break the Ice", but Anna likes to play "Break the Ice")
Friend: Eli and Katherine. Eli and Katherine are my BEST FRIENDS!
Thing to Wear: This. This I'm already wearing. (A Claire hand-me-down pink t-shirt and her beloved Kai Lan underpants.)
Animal: Bears; yellow bear (her snuggly bedtime friend)
How old will you be on your birthday? Three. Can you write a 3 on there? Cause I'm going to turn 3. I want the three to be HERE (points to top of paper, I comply).
So, there are definite similarities between 3 year old Claire and Anna's interviews. Both seem to be content with where they live and low-key errands (thankfully) and whatever they have put on their body. But they are also very different. While Claire wanted the interview to go on and on, inventing additional questions for me to repeat back to her, Anna declared "I done" about a minute in, and refused to answer some of the questions initially.
Ahhh, our baby is turning 3.
Anna's Favorites
Color: Purple and Pink
Number: 3
Toy: All of it.
Place to Go: To Millers (the little grocery store in town). Green (key lime pie) yogurt I really like. I like the doughnuts (the doughnuts there are awesome, I agree).
Sport: Swimming
City: Wisconsin (I told her Wisconsin is our state) I like it. I like our state. (I told her Verona is our city). Verona I really like.
Sister: Claire
Food: Crackers! These kinds of crackers (shows a Wheat Thin).
Game: Break the Ice (the box says the game is called "Don't Break the Ice", but Anna likes to play "Break the Ice")
Friend: Eli and Katherine. Eli and Katherine are my BEST FRIENDS!
Thing to Wear: This. This I'm already wearing. (A Claire hand-me-down pink t-shirt and her beloved Kai Lan underpants.)
Animal: Bears; yellow bear (her snuggly bedtime friend)
How old will you be on your birthday? Three. Can you write a 3 on there? Cause I'm going to turn 3. I want the three to be HERE (points to top of paper, I comply).
So, there are definite similarities between 3 year old Claire and Anna's interviews. Both seem to be content with where they live and low-key errands (thankfully) and whatever they have put on their body. But they are also very different. While Claire wanted the interview to go on and on, inventing additional questions for me to repeat back to her, Anna declared "I done" about a minute in, and refused to answer some of the questions initially.
Ahhh, our baby is turning 3.
1 comment:
Shannon, I honor your parenting. And your children show the results of your efforts. You and they are a blessing to the world! Oh ya, and Ryan too :):)
Post a Comment